I love Chateaux #1: Chateau du Chambord, France

I visited my list of chateaux -to- see in the beautiful region of historic castles, the Loire Valley. All of which I had drawn during my college years in Architecture. I have always wanted to see them all for real.
Château de Chambord, Loir-et-Cher



Reminiscent of French Renaissance Architecture initiated by King Francis 1 as his castle dedicated to hunting. Unfortunately, he didn't live to see its completion. His successors abandoned the castle. It was Gaston d' Orleans, brother of King Louis XIII who saved it from ruin and later restored by the sun king, Louis XIV.


I don't want to romanticize it by editing the photos, because the castle is already romantic as it is. All the images came straight out of my camera. What you see is what you get, and way even more being there.




Hunting Hymn




Happy Wednesday everyone!
XOXO,
Arni

{An original post by Design Gourmande}

You Might Also Like

0 comments