I Love Chateaux # 2: Château de la Grève

I'm travelling to Italy this afternoon for the largest Interior Design exhibition in Milan, Salone Internazionale del Mobile.  Before heading to the fashion capital, we're going to do some sightseeing in Rome for a few days and if we have more time, my colleagues and I might stop by Florence.

It would be a feast of Italian Renaissance for sure and I hope to share the magnificence of Rome here upon my return.   

For today's post, I'd like to go medieval. I love castles.  Though in history, chateaux may not be as romantic as how they are perceived in fairy tales but this particular castle means a lot to me. 


I'm not so sure how I would define a memorable moment at this particular chateau. I remember having a dream of climbing a wooden ladder inside a very old turret when I was in my teens back in my native country. At that time, I dismissed the dream as a fleeting melange of images. Almost eight years later, I found myself at the very exact spot in my dream with my then future in-laws and husband.


Deja Vu is the word for it, right? The whole vision and experience was very precise, it was unbelievable. When the exact scent, texture of the stone, the sound and sight of the people and the environment freeze at that moment of realization, I can only think of one word to sum up my experience. Surreal.



Le Château de la Grève is situated in the department of La Vendee and the region of Pays de la Loire in France. It is the central part of the triangle Medeival fortresses of Châteaux des Essarts, Bournezeau et la Chaize-le-Vicomte.




Happy Thursday Everyone!



Guess what: I have visited this castle three times. These images were taken by us including the photographer Papu in the chateau during the winter of 2007. An original post by Design Gourmande.



You Might Also Like

0 comments