What I'm Grateful For

I will take a break from the beach posts for today and will resume after the weekend. I know I have bombarded you with lots of stories about Palawan and the sea.  It's sometimes difficult to compress every subject in a single post and most of the time they end up really long. Let me know if you find the posts too lengthy to read, perhaps I can do something about that.

April is almost over. The first quarter of 2013 just disappeared in a snap. Gone. Today, I'm going to write about simple happenings this weekend.  

This was a result of recycling scooped potato insides. For the recipe, click here


Tiptoe, my cat turns 10 in May. I love this sweet fella to bits. We adopted him when he was only three years old. He's quite a gregarious cat. We invited friends over yesterday and he made sure he was  part of the whole thing.

In Dubai, like other parts of the world, it is mandatory to register  both cats and dogs. So yes, Tiptoe is a UAE resident. :) Each pet has a collar tag from the municipality that is renewed every year. This can be obtained after getting their yearly vaccinations and vet check ups completed. They also have an implanted microchip with encrypted owner's details.


This week, I found myself having fun, kidding around reconnecting with the piano. Music has always been my refuge since  my teenage years. Music helped me cope up with angst and confusion (There was no blogging back then),  including the stresses of corporate life.  Here's an old video of Tiptoe and myself at the piano click here after a bad day at the office, hence the song. (I can't believe I'm posting this here -lol).  

More things I'm grateful for:

1. Great friends online and in real life.  Enjoying music played by friends. Making a new friend.
2. Hart of Dixie. - Watching this series makes me want to live in that world.
3. Creating a Dream Picture Book - it's like a vision board with cut images from magazines but in an old notebook. (Still in the works)
4. Lightning and cold weather in Dubai
5. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee and Dark Chocolate
6. Fresh Fruit Smoothies!
7. On the spot belly dancing with friends after dinner at home. Lots of laughter from that.
8. Candy Crush game (I'm addicted and I'm a candidate for the nearest Candy Crush rehab)

That's it for now.
What are you grateful for this week? 
I would love to hear yours.
Have a great weekend!

Love & light,
Arni

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. your cat looks so cute. nice pictures!
    lovely greets
    maren anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Arni!

    This weekend I'm really grateful for the mini-holiday we have in the Netherlands, no lectures or work until Wednesday, so finally staying in bed after 7am :)
    I'm also grateful for the nice weather we've had last week. And, oh, for the movies borrowed from the library which keep me company while my boyfriend is away!

    Have a great weekend, that mashed potatoes pie looks delicious!
    xoxo Irene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're playing the piano again. I just wrote about a former student finding a respite from the stress of life through playing the piano on Facebook last week. Perhaps you saw that. Music is a wonderful thing!

    You post lengths are fine. I know it probably is a lot of work to write them, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kitty!! And Candy Crush!! Oh my! :) Hope you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fruit smoothies! SO delicious.

    Your kitty is so so so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mash potatoes look so awesome - never thought to jazz it up with pepperoni before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh I would certainly be grateful for those mashed potatoes! I am grateful for the amount of work I got done over the weekend (and the fact that it's not raining in London today).

    ReplyDelete