Christmas Holidaze in Dubai


How was your Christmas? We didn't do anything on the 24th evening, but we made up for it the next day. Here's a round up of our last Christmas in Dubai from left to right.
  1. The Christmas Tree at Dubai Festival City. We stopped putting up our own at home since we had a cat. Tiptoe loves climbing and tearing the tree apart.  
  2. Anaïs' first Christmas.  She was wondering at first what the fuss was about  opening pressies.  She enjoyed her toys and gifts.
  3. The wreath that I failed to hang on the door for the first time in many years.
  4. TWG tea shopping for gifts to friends. A lot of my friends are tea drinkers and they love it.
  5. My husband told me he didn't get me anything but I found a surprise gift on the bed on Christmas morning.  So sweet!
  6. I bought a pair of Ninety Tassel Detail black leather boots from Dune London as a Christmas gift to myself . For many years, as seen here, I always wanted to buy a pair but never did. My last splurge before embracing a simple life.
  7. Christmas day feast at my friend Gail's house party.  
  8. My first attempt at making pot roast for #7. I got the recipe from Ina Garten.  It's a must-try, promise! Tender melt-in-your-mouth meat (this comes from a former 7-year vegetarian).  The sauce is just soo good, it's a meal on its own. 
  9. Lastly,  it was a pair of Chanel sunnies that I spotted early this year and fell in love with.  It was a gift I asked from Santa.  He sent it. I guess I have been a good girl this year. :)  It's currently on transit. Yay!
Apart from all the fun festivities and family reunions that spread throughout our news feeds, it made me think about "What Christmas means to me." After attending a church service, I thought about it and the word "family" stands out the most.  Much as I miss my sisters and family back home, my now immediate family is my focus this year, as well as friends turned family that made our Christmas brighter.  You are a part of this family too, as you have witnessed my highs and lows.  Thank you for being here. 

Being our last Christmas in Dubai, I sent cards by post to family around the globe which I haven't done for a very loooong time. I was very pleased that they arrived on time.  Speaking about family..

I'd like to share this IKEA Spain video  that really touched my heart and I leave you with this question.
What does Christmas mean to you?


Love & light,
Arni

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. tea as a gift is my absolute fave too! When I bake little packages of cakes for Christmas gifts I always put a few little tea bags in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing all these snapshots from your Christmas celebration and good to see that you've spoilt yourself and been spoilt by others as well :)

    I totally agree with you about Christmas being a family affair, there's no better way to enjoy the holidays than spending it with our close family and some nice home cooked food on the table.

    Hope you have a wonderful NYE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really sums it up! Family is the most important thing. That's what Christmas is about. I've cancelled a lot of my engagements this week, just to spend more time with my kids. It's so important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i saw that ikea commercial and it made me cry. i hope your christmas was a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those shoes. And really want to try that pot roast recipe as well! Glad you all had a wonderful Xmas

    ReplyDelete