Design Recap: Apartment Makeover



You will notice that Travel Gourmande will start featuring Interior Design more and more. I have given up my first blog, Design Gourmande in order to focus all of my energies here. 

As a tribute to our life in Dubai, I would like to re-post an apartment makeover. Here are some before and after shots of my friend, Christine's One- Bedroom apartment.  Some of the furniture are existing when we moved in the flat, provided by the company she's working for particularly the sofa set. One of the rules in the building is to never remove the chandelier (heartbreaking, I know).


After a fresh coat of paint, we created a gallery wall at the dining space to match the existing furniture while toning down all existing cream colored walls. The owner is a frequent traveler working in the airline industry. We chose some of her personal travel photos (with some of mine) and had them printed in black and white at a local printer. The frames are from IKEA by the way.


What I like about this space is the versatility of the bar counter that works great as a buffet table. The owner is able to entertain guests while preparing in the kitchen.

--------------------------------------------------------------


The design objective is to create a relaxing space where she can unwind after a tiring flight, and have enough space to entertain her friends. We have yet to purchase an area rug here. The pillows and striped foot stools were from TheOne Fusion Store Warehouse. We moved the existing mirror and placed it between the windows adjacent to the sofa to conceal power, internet and telephone points.


 We had fun decorating her place. I will post another decorating project we did when she moved. Keep posted.

Love & light,
Arni


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. yep, I definitely prefer the after images. Especially since you used the same shade of blue I often use

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I am a sucker for a beautiful gallery wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly liked the gallery wall - please keep up these posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the black and white gallery wall. What a great makeover. Look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a huge difference! I love the way something as simple as pillows can change the look of things. Great job with the makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a huge difference! I love the way something as simple as pillows can change the look of things. Great job with the makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turns out real good I must say. I particularly loved the gallery, it's a perfect way to freeze travel memories while decorating the house at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you are still here laarni, I need an apartment revamp but I'm stuck. this is a wonderful transformation.

    ReplyDelete